Saturday, January 24, 2009

For Whom Did Christ Give Himself?

For Whom Did Christ Give Himself?

Many well-intentioned Christians argue that Christ’s sacrifice on the cross was for every man that inhabits the Earth. All that man must do is accept the gift of Christ. I submit unto you that Christ did not atone for the sins of all of mankind but a particular people. Notice the following passages:

His People

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

His Friends

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

His Sheep

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

His Church

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

For Many

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

For Us

Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

For Me

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

If Christ died for every man, then all would be in Heaven. The truth is that Christ died for the elect chosen in Him before the foundation of the world. To preach that Christ’s atonement was universal and that it is up to man to ‘finish the job’ is to preach a weak savior. I am thankful that my God redeemed a particular people, and ALL of them will be in Haeven some sweet day.

Bro. Michael Green, Jr.

No comments: