Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Counting My Blessings!

Couldn't get the pic to rotate :-)

Psa 127:3-5 KJV - Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

After yesterday's heavy post, I think I will use today's entry to count my blessings. The picture above was drawn by my oldest daughter Maggie. First, words cannot express how thankful I am that God has blessed me with such a wonderful wife and five amazing children. None of us are perfect and we all have faults aplenty, but most of our days are spent in love, peace and joy with one another. It also makes my heart happy to know that my daughter (and other children) are happy as well. The LORD is good!

We have heard almost every comment that you can imagine about our larger than normal family. No, we are nor Mormons or Catholic. Yes, we do know what causes that! Yes it is challenging, but I would not trade the life that I have given for anything in the world! Etc., etc., etc. We truly believe that all of our children are special gifts from God!

Gideon
It is my prayer that families will remember this truth. It is our God-given privilege to have children (whether natural or adopted) and be able to raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. There will be hard times. All parties involved will have to battle with sin. But remember the words of the Psalmist, "Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them."

Here are some points to ponder:

Have you thanked God for your family today?
Do you see the challenges of parenthood as a blessing or burden?
Does your view of family/children resemble Scriptural teachings or the world?

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: