Saturday, January 26, 2013

Weekly Adventures

It has been an interesting week around the Green household to say the least. Approximately three weeks ago we were blessed with a new addition. Rebekah Eloise entered the world kicking and screaming Thursday January 3rd around 12:30PM. She is a wonderful, beautiful blessing and needless to say much of our day (especially momma's) is centered around meeting her needs. And so it should be! Though I am praying that she soon adapts to a semi-normal sleep schedule :-)
Hello World!
Ya talkin' to me?!?
I can also scratch a couple of things off of my bucket list. Earlier this week I made the front page of one of our community newspapers. No, it was not for any criminal charges. Although some think it a crime when I run :-)
Run!!

I have been working on improved exercise and dietary habits since the beginning of the new year. Believe it or not, I have been somewhat physically fit in my lifetime. It was a good place to be and I wish to return to that happy place. Most of my reasoning for recommitting to a healthy lifestyle if for a better health and well-being. But I also confess that I do not like the Shrek-like shape that my body takes when I make one too many trips to the dessert line at church.
Anyways, I have been utilizing the (free) facilities at my place of employment and was recently photographed pounding it out on the ole treadmill. Here's to my moment in the spotlight ;-)

Then, Friday was another first. I won a radio call-in contest. I generally only half pay attention to the radio on my way to work. But yesterday I was listening when the daily trivia question was asked. The question was what happens six-thousand (approximately) times per year in American hospitals? I quickly guessed triplets, being in new baby-daddy mode. Anyways, I called and successfully got through. The question was correct and I won a prize pack that includes free lunch. I was probably more excited than I should have been, but it was fun nonetheless.

We've kinda slacked on our Bible reading this week and will be playing catch up today. We were blessed with approximately sixteen visitors in our home this week and are expecting more today. It is always a blessing to share our home with dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Come up and see us sometime!

Exciting times indeed. Enough about my week. How has yours been?

Stay Classy :-)

MG


No comments: